Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Over & Out ...

As my mother told me yesterday, you know the big day is getting close when the flowers have arrived.  And they have ... along with the tables, chairs, dance floor, confetti cones, completed programs, favors, esc. -
 and currently, the employees from Distinctive Rentals are setting up the tent that will cover my Great Aunt's backyard.

So yes, we are close.  Really close.  So close that today's post will be my last before I am officially a married woman and my June garden, backyard wedding is a memory rather than an upcoming event to plan.  While I previously had planned, (my Type A personality is always planning), to blog through the day of the rehearsal ... I have since realized that this week will be a whirlwind of completing last minute to-do's, welcoming out-of-town guests, and obviously, setting up the vast amount of decor we have been planning for what now feels like forever.  Therefore, I must succomb to the fact that while I may want to, I will be forced to stay away from my Pink Dell laptop until I am Mrs. BB  ...

When I first began writing these posts approximately a year ago, it was in an effort to be a part of http://www.weddingbee.com/ ... one of the many wedding blogs that I frequent for creative wedding thoughts & ideas.  Well, that never happened.  But as I look back, the opportunity to reflect on this unique journey through writing about my daily experiences has been so valuable to me.  And even if no one besides my mom did read it (other than Mr. BB, when I directly asked him to!) ... I am thankful that "the burgundy bride" came to be.  Furthermore, while I realize that I will no longer be a bride past Saturday (yet an official married woman!) ... I plan to continue to visit this site.  Because the truth is,
I always have something to say

And of course, I will have to recap that June garden, backyard weddind that I was just speaking of. 
Until then ...





No comments:

Post a Comment