Friday, June 3, 2011

Locked & Loaded ...

When planning an event for what is now 190 people (plus 18 kids) ... there is bound to be a lot of "stuff."  And by "stuff," I am referring to plates, signs, cupcake toppers, mason jars, favors, ties, straws, shoes, flags .....
The list could seriously go on, and on, and then on.  Over the last 18 months, with my mom and I at the helm, we have aqcuired quite a bit.  And until this past weekend, it was spread over three houses in random boxes and corners of various rooms.

Well, my mother deserves more than a simple thank you for this one ... as I find myself saying quite often lately.  As my FI & I partied the night away for our bachelor/bachelorette weekends, she spent the 3-day holiday weekend organizing all of that "stuff" that our backyard wedding will require.   And as a result, we are truly locked & loaded for the big day.  Of course I don't want to get too carried away ... there are quite a few loose ends that need to be tied up before our guests arrive ... but we are certainly more ready than we were before.   Here is what our wedding room looks like now:




Impressive, right?!  Thanks mom. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment