Monday, June 6, 2011

Last Wedding Before the Wedding ...

It certainly feels like there are a lot of "lasts" lately ... especially since I just got through encouraging my students to make it through the week by reminding them that it is their last full week of the school year.  Other "lasts"?  This is the last year that my students will call me by my current last name,  Friday night marked our major last meeting before the big day, and over the weekend, Mr. BB & I attended the last wedding we will before our own.

So after that rather overwhelming meeting (in which we had a discuss that infamous rain plan that we have been trying not to think about for so long!) ... my FI & I were able to enjoy someone else's special day for an evening.  It truly was a beautiful event, and one that made me that much more anxious for our own.  My favorite parts of the wedding?  When the bride & groom were announced for the first time - as I couldn't help but think that I will myself will be a Mrs. in less than a month.  And of course, much like any other wedding I have ever attended, I was a sap for the father/daughter dance. 

Here we are at the last wedding before our own ...

With my husband-to-be!

Notice the stunning backdrop ... love those backyard weddings! :)
So yes, they had the ideal weather for such a special occasion.  And after the "Plan B" meeting I previously mentioned we had the night before, I was a tad bit envious of their chosen day.  Cross your fingers with me (and even your toes) that we will be just as lucky.  And of course, congratulations to the newlyweds

No comments:

Post a Comment