Monday, June 13, 2011

Licensed To Wed.

Well, another weekend has passed and we are now that much closer to our "big day" ... a day we have been planning & anticipating for well over a year now.  Although I must fully admit that I don't know that the reality of it has struck me yet, either that or I am just that anxious for it to be here. 
And I know my FI, mother, grandmother and various other family members & friends would express their "readiness" for June 25th as well.

So it's a good thing that we have now made it official by getting "licensed to wed" - Mr. BB & I visited the courthouse to obtain the all-important marriage license on Friday!  As with most other events thus far in my life, I was a tad tardy to meet my husband-to-be, who was starting to think he had a runaway bride on his hands.  (He should have known, since he knows me, that I had walked into three different buildings before finding the correct one, in which I ran into another issue since my camera wasn't allowed in the building.)  Nevertheless, I made it right before their 4:30 closing time, and after handing over our applications and raising our right hands to solemnly swear that all of our information was correct - we had another check off of our wedding to-do list.  As VA law states, the certificate is valid for 30 days, and now all that remains is the signature from our officiant (and a fabulous celebration).  And I must mention that the manilla envelope that holds our marriage certificate even even has a sparkly heart sticker on the outside.  Such a sweet touch.

As I stated, cameras were not allowed in the building, but I did manage to get a few on the way out ...



No comments:

Post a Comment