Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Save-the-Dates

As promised, details on our final save-the-dates ...

As a fashion teacher with a love for design - I knew from the start of our wedding planning that our "paper products" were important to me.  Lucky me! ... I have a bridesmaid with graphic design experience & tons of talent!  Niki agreed to design both our save-the-dates & the invitations for the wedding (although after the save-the-dates ... Niki, are you still in for the invitations?!!!).  After getting lots of inspiration from my favorite wedding blogs, http://www.weddingbee.com/http://www.greenweddingshoes.com/   ... my mom & I met with Niki to share our vision!  Needless to say - she certainly delivered and created more than we could have hoped for!

Final Save-the-Dates ...




The save-the-dates were entirely designed by Niki and printed at Kinko's on their white glossy paper.  The labels were created by a girl that my mom found on Etsy to match the save-the-dates that Niki designed.  The brown envelopes are Kraft envelopes found online, and the smaller envelope is "vellum" and was also found online.  Mr. BB, his mother, aunt, and my mother spent one afternoon stuffing the envelopes and embossing the "save-the-date" on the outside with a stamp that she purchased online.  The magnet in the small envelope was designed & purchased on Vistaprint.

We are really happy with the end result!  It was worth all of the hard work!  Next step - INVITATIONS!

3 comments:

  1. Ashley, The Save The Date cards are awesome. You all did a wonderful job and they are truly unique and memorable. I especially love the magnent!

    ReplyDelete