Wednesday, October 13, 2010

First Time Bride ... First Time Bridesmaid!

Ever heard the phrase ... "When it rains, it pours?"  Well, in this case, it does!  In the whole 27 years of my exhistance thus far, I have never been a bridesmaid in a wedding (with the exception of when I was eleven and a junior bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding - does that really count?).  HOWEVER - I guess I am officially at that age - because in the next eight months before my June 25th wedding, I will be a bridesmaid TWICE, & then once again two months after I am officially a wife! It's true, my life is surrounded by weddings right now, and it is definitely exciting. :)

This weekend marks the kick-off to my new official role as a bridesmaid.  My close friend (and one of my own bridesmaids!), Sara, is getting hitched this Saturday!  Even though we have attended several bridal showers/luncheons/nail sessions/esc., I don't think the reality that we are old enough for this process will actually hit until I see her walking down the aisle at the church.  I know she will be a stunning bride, am proud & lucky to be her bridesmaid, and find it so fitting that we have been engaged at the same time. 

Details from the wedding weekend extravaganza to come next week ... it is sure to be memorable event.  And I can't help but be excited to not be one of the "single ladies" fighting over the bouquet on the dance floor.  Sara & I have been lucky to compare ideas/vendors/wedding etiquette throughout the planning process -

Were you able to plan with friends who are getting married around the same time as you?!  Did you find it helpful to your own planning process? 

No comments:

Post a Comment