Sunday, October 31, 2010

Mission Slideshow Has Begun ...

So I admit it - I am "that girl" who always has her camera and loves taking pictures of anything & everything.  I feel bad for Mr. BB who is burdened with the task of taking the pictures whether he likes it or not.  THANK YOU for that, honey, and I must commend you on being an extremely talented photographer. :)

When I first got engaged and started thinking about the reception, I knew that I wanted to incorporate a slideshow in some way.  Since our relationship began almost 12 years ago back in high school, Mr. BB & I have tons of pictures together throughout the many phases of our relationship.  (And yes, those pictures highlight the various interesting fashion/hairstyle choices I have had along the way.)  But it wasn't until my mom, the driving force behind this whole wedding extravanganza, came up with yet another genius idea - that I knew exactly how I wanted to incorporate a slideshow into our June garden wedding.

We have spent the weekend going through boxes of pictures from boxes that Mr. BB & I have together & boxes from both of our parents houses (Which is quite entertaining, I might add, and I recommend it whether you have a reason to do it or not!).  Our main goal is to gather pictures of my father & I, Mr. BB and his mother, and of course, of the two of us.  The day of the wedding, as we have our first dance as husband and wife, the slideshow with pictures of us will play on a large screen behind us.  As I dance with my dad (a guaranteed emotional moment for me), a slideshow will play with pictures of us, and when Mr. BB dances with his mother, their slideshow will play.  This will serve dual purposes - as it will provide a great way to incorporate the many pictures we have - and will also provide a diversion for our lack of dance ability.

THANKS, Mom, for the idea, as always.  Back to gathering pictures ...........

2 comments: