Thursday, October 28, 2010

Birdcage or Fingertip Veil?

Not for Mr. BB's Eyes ... Wedding Day Style Will Be Addressed!

The very topic of today's blog entry is the reason why I am loving the experience of being a blogger ... because, other than my mother, I don't know that there is anyone who could understand the significance of what this will play on my June 25th wedding day.  Before I was engaged and had the vision of myself as a bride, I always imagined a long veil flowing as I walked down the aisle to my gleaming husband-to-be.  It wasn't until about two months into the wedding planning, after I had said "YES TO THE DRESS," that I started to think about the possiblity of a birdcage veil instead.  It has now started to consume my thoughts (I know, this is crazy, but I am a fashion teacher! ... ). 

So, being a type-A personality that I am - when in doubt, write a list!  Here are the advantages and disadvantages to wearing the birdcage veil instead of the fingertip veil:

Birdcage Veil; Advantages: 

1. Would look better with my hair down, which is how I plan to wear it in the ceremony.  I already have purchased a flower from Etsy that I am LOVING and so excited to soon have in my own possession ... and can perfectly picture the birdcage veil, with the flower, with the hair down.
2.  Would bring the "vintage, Sweet Home Alabama" vibe that the rest of the wedding will have.  Who wouldn't want to look like Reese Witherspoon on their wedding day? 
3.  The birdcage veil would be more of a fashion statement, and aren't you supposed to bring your personality and style into your wedding day?

 Birdcage Veil; Disdvantages: 

1.  I have always pictured myself with the traditional fingertip veil, which is definitely the more "classic look."  When I look back at my pictures from now, will I look trendy with a birdcage veil?
2.  My mother prefers the traditional veil. 
3.  Joe would probably prefer the traditional veil.

And so - what to do?  Do you prefer a birdcage or fingertip veil?  And is there a way to incorporate both?

1 comment: