Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Dad & Grad ...

Even if it was't less than 10 days before my wedding, this would still be a really, really thrilling time for me (as it is every other year).  As my fellow teachers know, the initial days of summer bring a sense of excitement that only we can understand.  Thoughts of long, relaxing days at the beach with no responsibility dance in our heads ... while the assurance of a paycheck every other two weeks still remains. 
There really isn't anything better.

Another constant that arrives each June?  The weekend in which we celebrate both our "Dads" & "Grads."  Both are celebrations that would be impossible to forget, since Target, Hallmark, and Macy's have been feverishly advertising them both since the beginning of May.  And personally, I plan to relish the opportunity to show some special people in my life how much I appreciate them.

Anyone who knows me is aware of how much I respect my dad, and furthermore, those who have met him understand exactly why.  I am fairly sure that I have expressed my thoughts on this subject on a previous post - but my father is seriously the best dad in the world.  He has always been there for me whenever I have needed him (which tends to be a lot ... still ... ) and I am beyond fortunate to have him. 

Secondly, although I look forward to graduation each year (and I have already explained why), this year will be extra special.  My youngest brother, Aaron, will be graduating from high school tomorrow evening - and if my family has anything to do with it, and we will - he will have the biggest cheer at the ceremony.  I am so proud of him & what he has accomplished, and again, those who have met him understand how incredible he really is.

Congratulations to my dad & my grad ... this weekend is all about you


No comments:

Post a Comment