Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Crazy for A Canvas

Obviously, with nuptials less than 3 weeks away, all of our invitations have now officially been mailed & we finally have the list of guests that celebrate with us on our wedding day. 
 (On a side note: our "head count" of 150 somehow grew to 188 plus 15 kids ... but we have "made it work" ... the more, the merrier, right?!!)

So now that our "babies" have been released & retrieved, it's time to reveal my personal favorite part of our wedding invites.  As previously posted, thanks to many extraordinary & hard-working people, there were quite a few elements to the final product.  But, without a doubt, my heart belongs to the hand-painted picture that my good (no, great!) friend/bridesmaid Niki created.  The picture is of my FI & I in the backyard of our Tall Trees estate in which we will be married.  Needless to say - it is certainly special to us both and we feel lucky to have had it as the first element of the invites that our guests were able to see. 

What made me feel even more fortunate?  When Niki gifted me with the actual original canvas ... a gift that I immediately placed in our home and (obviously) plan to always keep.



Thank you, Niki, for creating something beautiful, unique, and personal to our day.  I love that this is a part of the wedding that will last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment