Thursday, June 9, 2011

LOVEMYJOB

I am not one of those people who has a "personalized" license plate, but I do often find myself analyzing them to figure out their true meaning.  And as my FI knows, there is one particular license plate (placed on a car that belongs to an individual who lives in our neighborhood), that always seems to catch my eye.  It reads "LOVEMYJOB," and everytime I see it, I wonder what career its owner is in.  I mean,  who really likes their job that muchThe point of a job is to get paid, and then, in my case, spend it at Forever 21 ... although, as a wife, I truly plan to be better at that.  But to my point, even after listening to all of the guest speakers in my classroom each year say "Love your job & you will never work a day in your life" ... is that really true?  Does anyone really love their job so much that they would do it for free?

So, as the school year draws to a close and my desire for summer days "Ms. Wright-free" grows stronger ... my thoughts have been on my own career.  And while I fully admit that I wouldn't do it for free, I have been thinking about how fortunate I really am.  The excitement that my students have for my wedding is evident, and when I really think about it, it makes me giddy.  They ask questions about it daily, continue to assist in DIY projects even though they are completely exhausted, and express their anticipation for the day often.  Furthermore, on the last official Friday of the school year (tomorrow) ... those students who will be "working" the wedding are staying after school to discuss last-minute details ... while most of their friends will be at the beach or the mall celebrating their upcoming freedom.

Yes, I would have to say that I love my job.  I am really anxious for the amount of time I will have back after the wedding to devote to improving my daily plans for the students who have devoted so much time to me.  And lastly, I may even forgive them for telling me that my new last name sounds like an old lady in class today.  Maybe. 



No comments:

Post a Comment