Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"Lunch"ing with the Ladies

I am constantly thankful that I was not the first of my girlfriends to get married, as prior to going through the process with two of my best friends recently, I certainly was not aware of many of the bridal traditions & customs that exist.  It is seriously hard to keep up will all of them, although I would now consider myself officially an expert on the subject.  One of them was definitely the bridal luncheon.  Sure, I had heard of a bridal shower and as a girl who loves a celebration of any sort, I have thoroughly enjoyed the ones I have attended.    And obviously, the bachelorette party was an event that I (sometimes) looked forward to even more than the wedding.  But the bridal luncheon was something I was unsure of ...

You know you are getting older when you look forward to giving gifts more than recieving them.  (You remember Christmas as a young child, when you tear open your gifts so quickly you aren't even sure of what Santa actually brought you ... and then feel slightly depressed after you realize there aren't any more presents labeled with your name.)  Needless to say, I have been thinking about the perfect gifts for my special ladies for over 18 months now.  In fact, I actually began on them last summer ... when on a few of my days off, I hand-painted vases in colors that reminded me of each of my girls. 

So over the weekend, I was positively thrilled to be able to thank the extraordinary woman in my life who have made this wedding process so unforgettable for me.  (And , of course, had my mom to help me in this pursuit, even though she is definitely the one who deserved the biggest thank you).  Together, we hosted a luncheon at Rockafellar's Restaurant, in which we were able to celebrate over yummy food, cocktails, a fantastic view, and of course, gifts for the girls.


  
Thank you, again, to my ladies for all you have done, and all I know that we have to look forward to.  And of course, to my mom, who we all know that I couldn't have done (any of this) without.

No comments:

Post a Comment