Thursday, February 3, 2011

Celebrate Good Times ...

For me, most Thursdays are the cause for a celebration.  Why?  It is the day before my favorite day of the week, Friday (which over the last few months, can also be referred to as Wedding Friday!  Each Friday morning, as my favorite DJs on Z-104 sing the "It's Friday" song, I am certain that there is a different feeling in the air, one that provides a sense of freedom & exhileration at the start of a new weekend.

This Thursday is certainly no exception; in fact, I am more anxious than ever as this weekend officially marks my first shower:  a couples shower!  One of Mr. BB's groomsmen/childhood friend, graciously offered to host a party to commemorate our engagement/upcoming wedding.  And since both my FI & I enjoy any excuse for an afternoon of being around our favorite people, we of course, accepted the offer! 

My MOH/sister (who, as previously posted, has been 4 hours away at school since Christmas) - will be coming home for the event.  I have been looking forward to her arrival back since the minute that she left and am so thankful that the shower provided her with a good reason.  I can't wait to see her face!  And lucky me ... my sorority sister/loyal bridesmaid & her husband are driving all the way from Charlotte to join in on the fun. This will be the first time that I have seen the newlyweds since their own wedding this past December!

I am so lucky to have so many people to celebrate such a huge event in my life with - and thankful to each of them (those near & far) for taking the time to make us both feel so loved.  So, Happy Weekend to you all - I know mine will be. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good time!!!!! Always great to be surrounded by family and friends! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete