Monday, February 14, 2011

Can You Feel the Love Tonight?

It's no surprise that somone who has a blog entitled The Burgundy Bride would be a fan of Valentine's Day ... and I definitely am.  In fact, I thouroughly enjoy any celebration, and as a result, look forward to most holidays throughout the year.  (And by most, I mean all of the them except for Halloween, which I know is weird, but I have never liked dressing in costumes and would prefer to dress in one of my favorite outfits of the moment instead).  

This Valentine's Day Monday has been a particularly good one, and as the day winds down and I prepare for dinner with my FI ... I thought I would share the top 3 reasons that I enjoy this love-filled holiday:

3.  As previously stated, I enjoy the 14th of February year after year, but this year has been extra pleasant because I am finally feeling better after being sick since last Wednesday!  Yes - I was caught by the flu - and it wasn't pretty.  Thus my lack of blog entries ... my apologies.  I am so happy to be back in action.

2.  Hearts.  Yes - I love hearts.  Cheesy, I know ... but they are just so romantic, fun, & flirty!  And as a result of my love of hearts, my mother and I have spent the last few weeks scouring Target, Walgreens, Micheals, esc. for anything heart-shaped to adorn my tea party bridal shower.  Details to come.

1.  Mr. BB, who I have spent at least 10 Valentines Days with.  For us, Valentines celebrations date back to high school, when he covered my room with flowers & my favorite candy.  We still have the picture to prove it.  Mom ... perhaps this could make one of the frames for our tables at the wedding? 

In any case, Happy Valentine's Day to my FI ... and soon to be husband. (Still weird.)

No comments:

Post a Comment