Monday, February 21, 2011

And The Winners Are ...

To my FI, friends, family, students, and co-workers ... it is no secret that I am a bit of a shopaholic.  Shopping - whether at Forever 21, H&M, Target, online, or even the grocery store - is certainly a favorite past time of mine. Where as some people describe a day at the mall as a painful experience, for me, it is always a stress-reliever and I instantly feel my mood lighten when I first arrive. 

So tonight's blog (an edition of my confessions of a shopaholic series) is dedicated to the stores that, throughout the wedding planning process, my mother & I have found to be most helpful in creating the garden party/backyard feel that we are striving for.  Congratulations to the following stores, and a heartfelt thank you for your assistance in my wedding day (and for help in filling up the wedding room, formerly the guest room, in my home!) ...

Gold:  Micheals - Our go-to spot on Wedding Friday ... where we have found endless amounts of ribbon, paper, bags, tissue paper, wreaths, stamps, stamp pads, Martha Stewart anything, and our new obession with storage bins to put it all in.  I am not sure what we would have done without those extremely helpful 40% off coupons in the newspaper each week and the additional 20% off everything ad that runs every so often, when you are really lucky.
Silver:  TJ Maxx - Specifically the Home Goods store on Virginia Beach Blvd., although we have had some good finds at the Nimmo location as well.  I am not sure if there is anything better than a weekend afternoon spent rummaging through their new arrivals, finding items to purchase that you had never realized that you needed.  For example:  the cutest napkins that you have ever seen & a watering can.
Bronze:  Jo Anne Fabrics - Although it pains me to admit it, JoAnne fabrics has been useful in providing 90% of the fabric that we will use for the wedding ... and there is a lot of it.  However, the sales associates could certainly be more warm & fuzzy, as you would expect women at a fabric store to be.  The good news is that they are becoming nicer to us after my mom called and complained to the corporate headquarters. 

Honorable Mentions:  Target, Etsy, & Marshall's ... We must thank you, too, for your contributions to our wedding day decor.  You came close to a medal, and we plan to continue to visit, even after the wedding.

Stay tuned for more editions ... the next one will be my thank yous to the stores who assisted in creating the final looks for our wedding attire.

No comments:

Post a Comment