Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Not Your Average MOB ...


MOB = Mother of the Bride ...

And while my mom has beyond surpassed the duties normally associated with such a role, she certainly doesn't look like one.  For those of you who know my mother, who is also referred to as fitatforty (for good reason), know that on my wedding day, she will not be dressed as your average MOB.  When I googled mother of the bride, this is what I got:




Not that there is anything wrong with either of the women pictured above, however, the posted image is necessary to prove my point.  My mom will not be wearing a suit on my wedding day, and to be quite honest, I don't know that she ever has.  Her career as a personal trainer does not require her to need such garments in her wardrobe, and additionally, it is this career (and her good genes), that make her one of the best-looking moms I know.  Sure, I'm biased, but I can't help but to brag on her, especially since throughout this wedding planning process (and my life in general), most ask if we are sisters, not mother & daughter.

My mom has put so much into me lately - my wedding dress, how I am going to do my hair, my outfits for the bridal showers/parties ... On the one Wedding Friday that we ventured to the mall to find an outfit for her to wear to my first shower, she ended up finding an additional dress for me instead.  And while obviously my fashion-loving tendencies are not complaining, I want to make sure that she feels her best on all of these celebrations too.  She deserves it.  So I was beyond excited when she finally agreed to one of the many pairs of heels that I email to her on a weekly basis.  Here are the extremely cute shoes that she agreed to wear with her dress on my wedding day (well, at least for a little bit ... ).


Mom, in the words of Rachel Zoe, I die over these.  I can't wait to see you in them, even if you do change into flats shortly after the ceremony.  You will look beautiful - not that you needed a pair of shoes for that.

1 comment:

  1. Another one of your post that made me cry! This has been a fun time planning the wedding with you. We make a good team!

    ReplyDelete