Monday, February 28, 2011

And the Bouquet Goes to ...

Much like fellow fashion-obsessed individuals like myself, Oscar night is one of my favorite nights of the year.  It would obviously be way more exciting if I was actually there (even if it was just shouting at the celebrities from behind a velvet rope, a secret dream of mine!) ... but for now, watching the red carpet arrivals on my HD-TV will have to do.  I live for the excitement of when the "it girls" of the moment first get out of their limo ... to see what color they decided to wear, how they had their hair "did", & what shoes made the cut.  The only part of Oscar night that I don't like is when the red capet (the best part, obviously) is done - and thus we have to wait an entire year until another one. 

This year's fashions did not disapoint.  And although it is not exactly wedding-related ... I wanted to take this opportunity to share my top three fashions from the evening.  Besides - as I will tell my students when we do the Oscar Fashion Police in class this week ... fashion is affected by everything going on in our society & culture at the time.  And weddings are no different.  Many of the fashion trends seen on the red carpet will soon be translated into bridal fashions ... Especially these romantic, feminine looks (my current go-to fashion style, perhaps b/c I am a bride-to-be?):


3 - Michelle Williams
Love the simplicity, color, & her makeup!

2 - Hailee Steinfeld
Again, the color!  Love how romantic it is & the headband!

1 - Mila Kunis
I am definitely obsessed with this dress ... the color, the lace, the draping, her hair ...
So it's official - the Oscars are over until next year.  I'm a little sad, but at least I have my own red carpet, or garden path, to look forward to. 


No comments:

Post a Comment