Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It Takes a Village ...

The labor of love (or journey towards our final invitation) has begun.  It's official, it is definitely going to take a village to get it done.  Already, Mr. BB & I have been so fortunate to have the help of many in creating what looks to be quite the impressive final product. 

It wasn't until I was engaged that I truly understood & grew to appreciate what really goes into creating a wedding invitation.  And at times, I definitely question all of the thought/hard work that are going into ours.  But when I really do think about it, the invitation is truly the first look that your guests get into the ultimate vision for your wedding.  It "sets the tone" for what is to come, and I do believe that our invite (what we have done so far!) does just this.  A big thank you to the "village" who have already assisted us in creating the "sneak peek" into our June garden DIY wedding:
  • Niki - My good friend/bridesmaid/graphic design extraordinare - who is definitely the driving force behind both our save-the-dates & invitations.  Without her, there would be no invitation.  She has been beyond patient in dealing with us, and has gone above & beyond what was ever expected.
  • My mom, the other half of the force behind these invites/this wedding, understands my vision more than anyone, and certainly found a way to reflect that theme into our invitations.  And furthermore, she has been able to keep us motivated throughout this long process of getting them done!
  • Mr. BB - who printed each & every invitation/RSVP card last night while I slept.  You are a good FI, honey.
  • Kim - my future sister-in-law/bridesmaid - has the best handwriting of anyone I know.  And, among other things, has graciouosly agreed to address the envelopes for our invites.
  • My mother's client - who, in exchange for free training sesssions - lined each envelope with a print of our "signature fabric" for the wedding.  The print really adds to the overall look of the invitation.
  • Mr. BB's father - my future father-in-law - who went to get the extra ink cartridge to enable us to continue printing last week when both Mr. BB & I were too busy at work.
  • The entire staff at Kinkos for cutting our invites/RSVP cards AND for printing the lining for our envelopes.
  • Etsy/Weddingbee/Style Me Pretty/Green Wedding Shoes/Grey Likes Weddings for providing both my mother & I with LOADS of inspiration that was much needed.  (Mrs. Apple Cider ... I know you have no idea who I am ... but a particular heartfelt thank you goes out to you, from both my mother & I).
The deadline in which to send our invitations out is not due for a couple months ... so I am certain that there are more thank-yous to come.  In the meantime, stay tuned for the details on that labor of love that we are still journeying through .

No comments:

Post a Comment