Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Making Memories ...

As those closest to me already know, my engagement to Mr. BB was long-awaited.  (And I don't know that I could say I was always particularly patient throughout the process ... )  We had been dating for quite a while, had been living together, and had attended many weddings of friends/family our age.  And I will be the first to admit - there is no doubt he was feeling the pressure.  But when he finally got on stage at my high school fashion show to ask me to marry him ... he certainly made up for any time lost & I couldn't ask for a better time or place to begin our life together.

While going through the engagement process with some of my closest friends prior to my own proposal, I realized why planning a wedding really does lay the foundation for your life as married couple.  At times, it certainly may seem like all of the meetings, payments, & overall hours (upon hours) spent planning is all going towards one day ... but ultimately, all of the hard work is for your marriage whether than that one wedding date.

Our relationship has obviously grown throughout the past 18 months ... simply by being able to work together to create our special day.  But it is the opportunity for our "support system" - family, co-workers, and friends from different stages of our life - to get to know each other that I really appreciate most.  And it was my bridal shower this past weekend, that made me realize how fortunate I really am.  I have such an amazing group of people in my life and am so appreciative that throughout this process, they have gotten the chance to know each other and have really become a strong support system to us ... not only for our wedding day, but life ahead.

Thank you, all of you, for being part of this memorable experience, and more importantly, for being a part of my life to stay.  That is truly a comforting feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment