Thursday, May 5, 2011

It's The MOB's Day ...

Specifically, on Sunday.  Even though she deserves more than just one day.  My mom (who, by the way, is a mother of 4, even though you would never guess it) has always been beyond supportive of all of us.  I still remember the time when she called the Dean of Radford University (who gets to talk to the dean?!!) when I was having roommate issues as a freshman in my dorm ...  by the end of that day, I was moved into another room, even though I had previously been told that was "against university policy."  In fact, I must confess that the majority of the obstacles I have had to overcome throughout my 27 years, big or small, she has had a part in the solution. 

Obviously, this year has been no exception.  In this wedding, the MOB has certainly been integral in the planning process.  Actually, she is the planning process.  While I wish I could take credit for our invitations, "creative" catering ideas, or decor at the wedding ... all of it has to go to her.  I should have known it would be this way - she did come up with the theme for every fashion show I have produced thus far. 

Thank you to my mom ... this is your weekend ... even though we both know it will begin with Wedding Friday tomorrow.  And even after the wedding, I know we will stay have our Fridays, we will just have to come up with another word to precede it.  I love you.

My Mom & I ... on one of our many Wedding Meetings!

No comments:

Post a Comment