Monday, May 9, 2011

Hmm ...

Since beginning this journey towards planning our dream wedding 18 months ago, obviously, some aspects have been easier than others.  Many of the "key decisions" that couples struggle with were simple ... for example, we knew that a church wedding wasn't for us, that we wanted the vibe of the event to be informal, and I always knew that my bridesmaids would be perfection in the color green.  And as I have mentioned before, picking out attire for my pre-wedding events (bridal showers, bachelorette party, bridal luncheon, esc.) was so trouble-free that now my biggest problem is eliminating a few of the outfits because I now have too many.

A major decision that we have yet to check off the list?  Our first dance song.  I know - for many, this is a no-brainer.  It's the song that has been "their song" for the duration of their time together as a couple.  It has significance, memories, and is the perfect way to begin their new life as husband & wife.  It isn't that Mr. BB & I don't have any songs that hold meaning for us as a couple - since we actually started "going out" when I was in the 10th grade - we have quite a few.  The issue lies in the fact that we have so many, from various phases of our relationship, that it is difficult to narrow it down to the perfect one that encompasses it all.  Not to mention the fact that neither one of us are particularly eager to have the spotlight on the dance floor in front of our 150 guests ...

So our search continues - a search that began 18 months ago.  We have a few options, but nothing stands out as of yet.  One thing is for sure, a final decision will be made by June 25th of this year.  Either that or I may have to sing the song myself (and clearly, no one would benefit from that).

1 comment:

  1. John and I had been together for 10 years before we were married......we had many "our song" throughout the ten years, so we decided on a new (old) song that would mark the beginning of this new phase in our lives! We both love Elvis...John even more than me.....we both said at the same time...Can't Help Falling in Love....perfect!<3 Don't worry it will come to the both of you...and you will know at that very moment it will be the perfect song! :)

    ReplyDelete