Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Classic Catherine ...

It was obviously an eventful weekend in the news world ... as I am sure (unless you have been living under a rock!), you already know.  And for me, the weekend was quite busy, special, & memorable all in its own.  So much so, that it was extended to Monday as I just returned to work today.  On a side note, I could really get used to this 4-day week deal - the fact that tomorrow is already Wednesday makes me deliriously happy.

So obviously, there is lots to blog about, but it would be wrong (and completely unexpected of me) to not pay tribute to the newlyweds, who I'm told, are now officially referred to as the Dutch & Duchess of Cambridge.  Yes, I admit it, I am among those who woke up at 4 AM to watch the live coverage on each major news channel.  And I loved every minute of it ... so much so that I have now watched it 3 times. 

The verdict is ... she looked stunning, classic, and timeless.  And as I told my students today (whether they liked it or not, as I am convinced they think I am officially "mad" for talking about these people we don't know each & every day), the look of her dress will create fashion trends for years to come.  And I know that William liked her dress as well - one of my favorite parts of the ceremony was when he told her how beautiful she looked when she got down the aisle. (Mr. BB already took note!).

Now that the royal wedding is over - what is there to look forward to?  My own June wedding of course, although I don't know if it will make the news coverage quite like theirs did.  Something tells me no ...

No comments:

Post a Comment